EMV cards are smart payment cards (also called chip cards or IC cards) which store data on integrated circuits rather than magnetic stripes. This creates dynamic data every time you make a transaction, making it nearly impossible for fraudsters to duplicate or clone your card. EMV cards are also capable of storing loyalty program information, allowing you to earn or redeem loyalty points at participating merchants.
This feature provides you with security protection on your everyday purchases. Find out more about consumer safety and security.
Safety tips to keep your card safe:
Your card’s EMV chip adds another layer of security to every payment you make. But there are a few important things you can do to help keep your card secure too:
- Sign your new cards as soon as your receive them.
- Activate your card and change your PIN as soon as you receive the new Chip & PIN card.
- Keep your account information and PIN number a secret. Do not store PIN number anywhere for safety purposes as this could prove to be a security risk.
- Do not tell cashier or anyone about your PIN. When keying your PIN at terminal, ensure that no one can see your PIN.
- Check periodically that none of your cards are missing.
- Look through your bank and card statements when you receive them. Spot any transactions you’re not familiar with and contact your bank immediately if you think there’s any suspicious alert.
- If you lose your card, please report to the card issuer immediately.
- If you travel overseas, please check with the issuer if you need to activate your card before you can use it overseas.
- When you are overseas, as technology differs between countries, instead of entering your pin, you may need to sign for your transaction instead.
How will you know if you have a chip card?
A chip card has a microchip embedded on the front as shown on the card on the left
Chip technology on your card may vary by card issuer. Please refer to your issuing financial institution for more details.
How do I use my Mastercard chip card
at a chip-enabled terminal?
- Insert your card "chip first" into the chip-enabled reader on the terminal
- Leave the card in the terminal and follow the prompts on the screen
- Remove the card when the terminal indicates that the transaction is complete
You may also swipe your card to pay if the merchant’s terminal is not yet chip-enabled.
Making payments with your new Chip & PIN card
Click to play video
Learn more about other security features
Hotline numbers of issuers and acquirers (chip & PIN)
|1||AEON CREDIT SERVICE||
|2||AFFIN BANK BERHAD||
CONTACT CENTRE NUMBER:
|4||ALLIANCE BANK BERHAD||603 5516 9988|
|5||ALRAJHI BANK BERHAD||
|7||BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD||603 2690 0900|
|8||BANK SIMPANAN NASIONAL||
|9||BANK KERJASAMA RAKYAT MALAYSIA||603 2693 6880|
|10||BANK MUAMALAT MALAYSIA BERHAD||1300 88 8787|
|11||BANK OF CHINA MALAYSIA BERHAD||603 2059 5566|
|12||BIGPAY MALAYSIA SDN BHD||
BIG PREPAID MASTERCARD:
AIRASIA EZPAY PASSPORT:
|13||CIMB BANK BERHAD||
|15||FINEXUS CARDS SDN BHD||603 8318 3100|
|16||FIRST DATA MERCHANT SOLUTIONS||
|17||HONG LEONG BANK BERHAD||
|18||HSBC BANK BERHAD||
|19||INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA (M) BERHAD||
|20||KUWAIT FINANCE HOUSE||1300 888 534|
|21||MANAGEPAY SERVICES SDN BHD||1700 81 6729|
|22||MALAYAN BANKING BERHAD||
|23||OCBC BANK BERHAD||
|24||PUBLIC BANK BERHAD||
|25||REVENUE SOLUTION SDN BHD||60 39212 0500|
|26||RHB BANK BERHAD||
|27||SINOPAY MALAYSIA SDN BHD||
|28||STANDARD CHARTERED BANK BERHAD||
|29||SYNERGY CARDS SDN BHD||603 5191 2229|
|30||UNITED OVERSEAS BANK (M) BERHAD||
24 HOUR UOB CALL CENTRE:
|31||GLOBAL PAYMENTS SDN BHD||603 7723 6818|